RF and Microwave Applications Engineer | X-Microwave | Austin, TX
X-Microwave is experiencing substantial growth at our facility in Austin, TX. We are seeking top talent to join our team.
As an Applications Engineer at X-Microwave, you will work with innovative team to support new products and customer applications that span the design, prototyping, and production. You will also support the internal product development and manufacturing process as we integrate new products and technologies into the X-MWsystem. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within a fast-paced environment. Every position at X-Microwave is hands-on and you should expect to spend time on the bench testing products and supporting customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, or related discipline, or 3+ years of equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of experience in microwave component level design and test, including amplifiers, LNAs, mixers, block converters, and synthesizers.
- Experience supporting and testing both components and systems
In this role you will:
- Take responsibility for internal and external customer success from ideation to shipping
- Perform cascade analysis.
- Build test benches from DC to 110 GHz
- Evaluate products and customer systems in the lab
- Work with PCB layout, assembly, test, and operations teams
Required Skills and Experience
- Skilled at RF test and verification of components and systems
- Experience supporting customers
- Use of RF and Microwave / Electromagnetic simulation software
- Experience with RF lab equipment including VNA, spectrum analyzers, RF signal generators
- Familiarity with RF circuit production workflow, both surface mount and DIE
- Analytical, problem solver and skilled communicator
Export Control Requirement:
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. person. A U.S. person is defined as a person (as defined in 22 CFR §120.14 of this part) who is a lawful permanent resident as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20) or who is a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
X-Microwave is an Equal Opportunity Employer