The X-MWshield allows you to break up a cavity by placing a metal shield across a transmission line or at the junction between X-MWblocks. This short tutorial shows (in pictures) how to install the shield.
1. Shield includes feet with screw holes for use standalone
2. Shield installed across continuous transmission line without an Anchor. Shields can be used on the prototyping plate or in a housing.
3. Break off the feet when installing the shield with Anchors across the GSG jumper
4. The metal tabs break off cleanly
5. Install the shield over one installed anchor. Ultimately it will end up between the two anchors.
6. Tighten down the second anchor over the GSG Jumper, pressed firmly against the shield.
7. The lid press down on the top fingers of the shield. The shield is captured on all 6 sides.
8. This example shows the full design system with many of the elements used together at the same time.